Sunday 26 June 2011

Meet the Authors: Cherie Reich

Introducing today's featured contributing author...

Cherie Reich

Brief Bio:
Cherie Reich is a writer, freelance editor, and library assistant living in Virginia. Her works have appeared in various magazines and anthologies. Her ebook Once Upon a December Nightmare is published by Wild Child Publishing. She is a member of Valley Writers and Virginia Writers Club, and placed third in Roanoke Valley's Big Read writing competition. Her short story, Folding Hope, will appear in the Stories for Sendai anthology. For more information, please visit her website, http://cheriereich.webs.com, and blog, http://cheriereich.blogspot.com. She is also on Facebook and Twitter.

What genres do you write?
horror, mystery, and fantasy, but I've branched into general fiction, romance, and science fiction. I write flash fiction to short stories to novel-length works for children and adults. I suppose I'm versatile or fickle. I'm not sure which. *laughs*

What are you currently writing? Sum it up in 10 words or less.
After a fatal accident, Nadia restores her shattered life. (YA Paranormal, Virtuoso)

What do you do when you're not writing?
I work as a freelance editor and library assistant. I blog, watch TV, read and review books, play with my cats, and spend time with my family.

What is your ultimate goal as a writer?
I'd like to make enough with my writing to supplement my income and right at this moment, I would love to have Virtuoso rewritten, edited, and polished so I can query agents.

How close are you to achieving this goal?
Supplementing my income with writing is probably 2-5 years away, if things work out. As for getting Virtuoso polished and in agents' hands, I hope to achieve that goal by October.

What is the single most important piece of advice you can give a fellow writer?
Write, write, write some more and read...a lot. Also, be willing to learn. Don't settle for mediocrity, but work hard on what you write to make it the best you possibly can.

5 comments:

Comments? Suggestion? We would love to hear from you!